Civil Engineer/Structural Engineer
Experience: 2-3 years minimum
Job Type: Full-time
Full Job Description
Twin Peaks Inc is currently accepting applications for full-time Structural Engineering Professionals to join our Special Inspection & Construction Materials Testing Laboratory team.
Twin Peaks Inc. is a leader in the field of Special Inspections and Material Testing services in the Tri-State area for over 30 years. Our Engineers and inspectors play a vital role in our success. We are looking for Professional Mechanical Engineers who are hard-working, problem solvers, professional, and are team players.
In this role, responsibilities include:
- Review special inspection reports, sign and seal per RCNY 101-06 requirement.
- Review daily inspection logs, verify inspectors are dispatched only to the inspections they are qualified to perform per RCNY 101-06 requirement.
- Lead/mentor project managers, supervise special inspectors.
- Provide TR1&TR8 inspection status/analysis; project tracking to ensure the scope of TR1 & TR8 are inspected with the applicable code and project specification requirements.
- Review DOB plans against inspection records to ensure scope of work are all covered/inspected, and all testing requirements are performed.
- Review approved as-built energy analysis and confirm it matches what was installed in the job prior to signing off EN2 forms.
- Sign-on and sign-off TR1, TR8, EN-2 and other forms as required.
- Prepare inspection estimates
- Perform various inspections for DOB, Transit Authority, LIRR, DDC, DEP, DOT projects,(e.g. structural steel bolting & welding, mechanical, smoke control, heating, smoke control, sprinkler, standpipe, chimneys, masonry, energy, concrete placement, and all other TR1&TR8 inspections.
- Coordinate with client’s representative, Engineer/Architect of record, expediters, and general contractors for all special inspection requirements, resolve technical issues, NCR’s, review submittals, RFI’s.
- Perform evaluations and provide training/mentorship to field technicians and inspectors to meet project requirements and all applicable code requirements.
- Administer commissioning of mechanical systems, heating, smoke control systems, sprinkler and standpipe systems.
- Attend pre-construction meetings, review/progress meetings and TCO meetings as per client request.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualifications:
- NYS P.E License
- ICC Structural Steel Welding
- or AWS Certified Welding Inspector
- ICC Structural Steel Bolting
- Knowledge of NY and NJ Building Construction Codes & Standards
- Must have approved/accepted work authorization
- Minimum 2 years of experience with Project Management of Special Inspections
- Minimum 2 years of experience in performing Special Inspections of Mechanical Systems, Fire Protection Systems, Structural Steel, and Energy Code Compliance.
- Able to read construction drawings (MEP, Structural, Architectural, Energy)
Twin Peaks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious beliefs, sex, marital status, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, medical condition, ancestry, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
- 401(k) Plan
- Transit Benefits Program
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Recognition Program
- Higher Level Professional Development/Certification support
- Paid Maternity and Paternity leave
We adhere to all Covid-19 requirements per NY and NJ state guidelines, NYC agency guidelines. All employees must follow current Covid-19 safety precautions and any future changes in precautions required by our clients.
Work Location: One location
Send resume to: email@example.com or Twin Peaks, Inc. Or, 37-39 30th street, Long Island City, NY 11101