Business Development & Marketing Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Full Job Description
Twin Peaks Inc is currently accepting applications for full-time Business Development Professionals to join our Special Inspection & Construction Materials Testing Laboratory team.
Twin Peaks Inc. is a leader in the field of Special Inspections and Material Testing services in the Tri-State area for over 30 years. Our Engineers and inspectors play a vital role in our success. We are looking for Business Development & Marketing Managers who are hard-working, problem solvers, professional, and team players.
The Business Development Manager works to improve TPI position and achieve financial growth. This individual will follow TPI’s internal business development process to turn prospecting into successful partnerships while continuously keeping up with new market trends.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- New Business Development
- Identify rising opportunities and building long-term relationships
- Develop and nurture relationships with future customers
- Research potential clients and identify the decision makers within the client organization.
- Work with project development staff to ensure that prerequisites are fulfilled within a timely manner (e.g. vendor prequalification licenses certifications etc.)
- Follow the established TPI’s business development process and regularly report on progress.
- Build relationships with new clients
- Present company qualifications to prospective clients
- Make presentations on services and solutions that meet client needs and/or predict future needs.
- Set up meetings between client’s decision makers and company’s practice leaders and technical staff
- Negotiate and facilitate the signing of clients contracts
- Work with project development staff to develop and implement a comprehensive marketing plan to increase brand awareness in new markets
- Work with project development team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs objectives and pain points
- Track and record activity with prospective clients
- Management Planning and Research
- Understand Industry trends and challenges
- Maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the market the solutions/services the company can provide and of the company’s competitors
- Maintain a strong presence in industry circles
- Identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators using knowledge of the market and competitors
- Work with CEO/VP of the business development develop long-term strategic goals
- Set targets for sales and provide support that will continually improve the relationship with clients
- Develop strategic plans to bring new business into the company
- Support negotiations with stakeholders
- Stay current on industry trends current applications and advancements by actively participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks and professional organizations
- Client Retention/Account Management
- Ensure client and customer data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM
- Research develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the staff’s skills and capabilities for use in assessing compatibility with the needs and requirements of potential and current clients
- Uphold the vision mission and values established by the organization
- Work with mid and senior level staff to ensure extensive knowledge of current market conditions
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Evaluate operational processes for comparison with the latest trends in the industry
- Assist in planning of events that highlights corporate services
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs
- Attend industry functions such as association events and conferences and provide written reports on market and creative trends
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate
- Regularly update sales funnel
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge on various inspections for DOB, Transit Authority, LIRR, DDC, DEP, DOT projects,(e.g. structural steel bolting & welding, mechanical, smoke control, heating, smoke control, sprinkler, standpipe, chimneys, masonry, energy, concrete placement, and all other TR1&TR8 inspections.
- Coordinate with client’s representative, Engineer/Architect of record, expediters, and general contractors for all special inspection requirements, resolve technical issues, NCR’s, review submittals, RFI’s.
- understanding of industry best practices for the lifecycle of pursuits including but not limited to the early identification of opportunities ‘go-no go’ analysis and justification client analysis and understanding value proposition development and proposal leadership
- Strong communication skills and IT fluency
- Strong interpersonal communication & writing skills
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business/marketing or engineering related field
- Self-motivated and positive team player with 5+ years proven successful track record in new business development engineering (utility) industry preferred
- Strong technical background is a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office required CRM experience a plus
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task
Twin Peaks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religious beliefs, sex, marital status, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, medical condition, ancestry, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
Twin Peaks, Inc. is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal opportunities to individuals. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the company and prohibits discrimination by any employee of the company.
- 401(k) Plan
- Transit Benefits Program
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Recognition Program
- Higher Level Professional Development/Certification support
- Paid Maternity and Paternity leave
We adhere to all Covid-19 requirements per NY and NJ state guidelines, NYC agency guidelines. All employees must follow current Covid-19 safety precautions and any future changes in precautions required by our clients.
Work Location: One location
Send resume to: email@example.com or Twin Peaks, Inc. 37-39 30th street, Long Island City, NY 11101